Okay, so I've been ignoring this blog. What's new- I tend to ignore it when school is in session, then come back to it when I've got a break. I spent the first week of this break recovering from getting my wisdom teeth out, then this week trying to get caught up, and hopefully I can get more stuff done next week before school starts back up.
Every time there is a break I have a list of things I want to get done. This break was no different, and it also was no different in that I was distracted and started doing other things instead. I did a lot of knitting on a plain sock, and it's pretty obvious where I was on a dose of vicodin (I got dry socket in both bottom sockets) and where I wasn't. Oh well, it's just for me and probably will wash out over time, since it's just tension issues.
Once I was off the vicodin I dragged out two of my inkle looms and started playing with some pick up designs. I haven't done a lot of work with pick up on the inkles, but I want to make some trim for when I fix the sleeves on my Irish costume. The first loom I warped in chocolate and blue pearl cotton, and started a simple celtic knot pattern that I found online. I'm not totally happy with it, and I'll finish it then borrow a book of celtic needlepoint designs from my grandma to see if there is one I can adapt for a slightly different band.
The second band that I started is on my inklette (which is a pain to warp!) and is in lime and plum bamboo rayon. It's just a simple design that I sketched out when I realized that I wasn't going to have the patience to finish warping it as wide as originally planned. It's the first time I've used this little loom, even though I bought it a while ago. I do like how the band is coming out, and it's some of my favorite colors.
I'll see how far I get these done next week, and hopefully have a better idea about what I want to finish up the costume by then so I can warp the bigger inkle back up.