Monday, February 08, 2010

Let's see if I can make myself post at least once a month. Hopefully the more I post, the more interesting it can get. I apologize that several of the photos in this post are iPhone pictures.

2010-01-03 13:39:06 -0800
After I played around with the inkle last month, I started messing around with Kumihimo. My grandma gave me her stand, which my grandpa built. It's a little on the tall side, but it works, and I think with the weights it's probably easier to keep tension than if I had tried one of the inexpensive disks instead. I've made a few braids with bits of cotton that I have around the house. Here is the first one:
first kumihimo braid

For the little one giving her youngest cousin a big hug and kiss here, I made a dressy little day-glo skirt for her third birthday.
2010-02-06 17:07:38 -0800
As is normal for her, before the end of the party she had decided to try it on.
2010-02-06 17:07:56 -0800

and just a random picture of an inkle I've been working on, I have a simple twill scarf on one of my floor looms, but no pictures of it yet.
scroll inkle band

No comments: